Go Back   Sports Trading Chatter Forums > Trading and Gambling > In-Running/Live Event Trading

In-Running/Live Event Trading Any information regarding in-running and live trading may be posted here.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Administrator
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Todd73NJ Send a message via MSN to Todd73NJ Send a message via Yahoo to Todd73NJ
Default Inrunning NBA Games - Tradesports

For all of you interested, here is my email chain with TS.

It seems that only NBA MLs will be featured, and pointspreads will not, regardless of the size of the line.

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:36:55 -0700
To: tjg8633@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: NBA question

Dear Todd,

Thank you for your e-mail. According to the market makers the moneyline will always be the featured contract in NBA features regardless of spread.

Kind regards

Customer Support Team
Tradesports Exchange Operations

Todd wrote:
TS-

There has been alot of question on my website as to which NBA line will be featured now that the season is upon us.

Last year the rule stated by the MMer was 7 points was the cut off. 6.5 and under the ML would be feature. 7.5 and over the spread would be featured.

Can you please clarify. I think not knowing what is featured severly hurts your pregame trading. As I myself will not trade pregame unless I know what is featured.

Thanks.

Todd
Old 10-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Administrator
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Todd73NJ Send a message via MSN to Todd73NJ Send a message via Yahoo to Todd73NJ

What a horrible decision!

Trade NBA.CHI@BOS.BOS-8.5 1 77.0 85.0 1 66.0 152 +16.0
Trade NBA.CHI@BOS.BOS 200 96.0 99.5 200 95.0 232 +13.5
Trade NBA.CHI@BOS.OVER190.5 0 - 49.0 35 52.0 10 +2.5

The lines may be hard to read - but the contarct volume on FEATURED game - 152 on the spread, 232 on the ML and 10 on the over under. This is halftime on a Fri night featured game. And it hasnt been any better in the previous few nights.

Please go back to he spread for lines when they are higher than a certain point. We cant trade these games at 99.5 - and you cant make any money on fees!

I sent them an email again, and will post the response should I get one.

Last edited by Todd73NJ; 10-31-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Administrator
Rookie

Hopefully TS will really look into this like they say they will!! By the way I figure it.. they made about $12 on the Celtics/Bulls game last night.

Re: NBA question‏
Sent: Sat 11/01/08 6:16 AM
To: Todd (tjg8633@hotmail.com)

Hello Todd,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I will speak with the market makers and see what I can find out. I agree, this is not a good situation for you or for us.

Please let us know if we can help you further.

Kind regards,

Customer Services Team
Tradesports Exchange Operations

Todd73NJ wrote:
TS -

I have 8 people in our chat pit right now - talking about how un-tradable the NBA has become on Tradesports.

I understand the desire for the MMer to trade the ML - because they play to win the game and not cover the spread - But games with a high spread have a high spread because they are figured to be a blow out.

Look at your volume tonight at half time on a featured game. 152, 232 and 10. That is awful. The game is untradable at 96/99.5 The previous nights have not been that good either. Bec the majority of the volume was very late and you cant be making much on a win tax.

I think it would be prudent to make a line cut off like was in use last year. Of course there is always a chance for a blow out - but a high line game is much more likely.

Todd
Old 11-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Administrator
Rookie

Still no response from TS