Go Back   Sports Trading Chatter Forums > Main Site Forums > Comments & Suggestions

Comments & Suggestions We are always interested in hearing from you! Please post any comments and/or suggestions in here.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Administrator
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Todd73NJ Send a message via MSN to Todd73NJ Send a message via Yahoo to Todd73NJ
Default Suggestions to Matchbook management

With the closure of Tradesports, Many of you have had suggestions that we should make to Matchbook managment - since it seems everyone will be moveing their money there.

Some of the suggestions were policies that TS had in place - and others were ideas that TS management would never listen too.

Please try to make your ideas as detailed as possible.

Once the list is complete, I will forward the thread to them.

I will start out by suggesting that Matchbook creat an affilaite program for sites that support them. As a group of traders here at SportsTradingChatter - it would be great to get some sort of compensation for referring users to your site. Tradesports used to do 25% of commissions of new sign ups. We give you advertsing on your site, it would be great to get a small amount of funds in return - even if they were given as a trading commission credit.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to the canuck

Although Matchbook looks like, and is, a fantastic site there are a few things that could be done to improve the site which would also increase revenue for them.

#1 Feature more late games.
Even if no market maker can be found, individual traders will post their own bids and asks.
The volume may not be huge but any open contracts that are matched obviously generate revenue for Matchbook.

#2 Leave non-featured events open until the end of the game.
Tradesports was far supirior in this regard. Leaving the markets open until the final whistle can again only add revenue as individual traders place their own bids and asks throughout the game.

#3 Leave second half lines up for the remainder of the game.
Although on some featured games 1st half lines are available and will be tradeable until the halftime whistle, when 2nd half lines are put up they are taken down when the second half begins. For the life of me I have no idea why this is the case. Let people trade the second half spread until the game concludes. Again, this would result in more trading more revenue.

#4 Allow in-game trading on more than just the spread.
Why not leave the moneyline up? From my experience at Tradesports, you will be suprised by the amount of volume generated on that line. This applies to the over/under line as well.

#5 Enable member-to-member transfers.
This could help with some funding issues. Although matchbook is far superior to Tradesports here, allowing transfers from members to other members could in effect get more liquidity available to the site more quickly.

These five suggestions just flew off the top of my head. I'm sure other former Tradesports users can add to this thread to increase the Matchbook experience.

Matchbook should heed the voices of the former Tradesports customers as I'm sure they are aware that a substantial amount of money is looking for a place to trade.

So keep the suggestions coming everybody.

Tradesports is dead
Long live Matchbook

Last edited by Backslider; 11-21-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Prospect

i agree with all the points...one addition:

have a weekly schedule of games on monday listed...
Old 11-21-2008, 10:19 PM

First I want to reiterate a few points that the canuck made. I agree with all of them but for me three are very important.

In order of importance,

1. In featured games allowing trading on more then just the point spread, at minimum including the M/L. The most obvious reason to do this is when you have a game with a large spread that the underdog is winning late in the game. In that not uncommon situation the M/L is the only thing left to play. In addition in all games I like having the ability to hedge my bet when i think its prudent.

2. Feature late games. I don't know about the rest of the world but Tradesports traders hate sleep!

3. Leave non featured games open for trading. This is basically a why not? most of the time there will be no action but many times at tradesports these non featured games got some significant play.

Finally, I know this suggestion will take a major change in platform and time but it just seems so counter intuative to have two lines on a game, like in a Hou vs. Wash a Hou -6.5 and a Was + 6.5 and to close out a position you have to buy the oposite side. Why not just one line that you are either long or short. I just don't see any logic in setting it up as you do.

Anyway I hope you guys read our suggestions and I hope to be a long term customer of Matchbook
Old 11-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Administrator
Rookie

In order of importance:

1) Get rid of this buy one side or buy the other thing. It's very confusing, especially for in-game trading, and it allows for very large mistakes to be made. I have a suggestion of how to do this. The sister site WSEX puts up a buy/sell for both participants in a game. The markets on Matchbook could mirror for both teams. That way, people who are confused by the concept of selling something they don't own can just buy the team they want. At the same time, people that trade frequently in-game will find it easier to buy and sell the same contract.

2) Have some option to show all live running contests. If this is already there, I apologize, but I don't see it. Sometimes there are 3 live college football games at once.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Rookie

Cool Making Matchbook Better!

Suggestions to Matchbook for Live Betting:

1) Leave up 2nd half lines for the duration of the 2nd half. MB revenues will increase and traders will have something to trade if a game becomes so lopsided as to be untradable (as I write this, the much hyped Texas Tech @ OK game was so lopsided midway thru the 3rd qtr (58-14) that there were simply no bids for Texas Tech.)

2) Leave up money lines and totals for trading throughout the game. Again, there would be marginal revenue, which could become substantial in some games, for MB.

3) The three second countdown is too long.. The countdown use to be stated as 1 1/2 seconds; however, in reality, it was much longer. Traders hate to see a price they want disappear while awaiting the countdown. Heavily traded games, such as the Super Bowl, Monday Night Football, Sunday Night Football, etc., should definately not have a countdown as these games do not need to protect market makers because traders are inside the spread anyway.

4) Don't let Market Makers make Exchange policy regardless of how much they whine. If MB will have at least 3 competing mms on each game, the volume will soar as traders trade in and out more when the spreads are tight. Pay mms a stipend for each game they mm. One of the downfalls of a competitor, TradeSports, was too much caterring to mms.

5) Randomly survey your traders as least monthly via email. As this is an Exchange, and not a bookie site, MB success should ultimately be a bottom up approach rather than a top down philosophy.

Last edited by California; 11-23-2008 at 01:24 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:57 AM
Administrator
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Todd73NJ Send a message via MSN to Todd73NJ Send a message via Yahoo to Todd73NJ

May as well add a few points from a trading perspective:

1) Volume commission discounts would entice traders to do even more volume in game.

2) Consider putting into place a 1% commission for pre game bets - that are never traded in game - this will make the exchange a more friendly place for those users who dont actually trade in game

3) Create a Matchbook debit card to ease deposits and withdrawals.

4) PDA/Mobile trading link for trading on the go

5) Make the account section more comprenshive, but much easier to understand - so you can see what your current balance and profit loss on the day - for particular events - or groups of events
Old 11-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Prospect

maybe get some in game charts like ts had...
Old 11-30-2008, 06:40 PM

I think it would be a good idea for Matchbook to list the quantity of bets matched on each market. This would increase customer's confidence in the market and is consistent with what other betting exchanges offer.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Prospect

Default mb market makers

worse than madame jojo..

1. post bids and offers same or worse than wsex...why would buy at mb at those prices and pay 2% on top of that.
2. 100 bucks on the bid and ask...enough said.
3. all i heard was ts sucked and mb was so much better...they don't post volume because there is very little...and very rarely other members placing bids and offers in b/w the mm'er .

guess these companies don't like to make money...