Go Back   Sports Trading Chatter Forums > Sports > Boxing/MMA

Boxing/MMA Don't pull any punches here, just dicuss boxing, MMA or any other fight sports

Old 10-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Administrator
Rookie

Default Elite XC Sat. 10/4 on CBS

Not exactly a better's delight as most of the fights involve extreme lines. Hope to see Bumbo Slice lose, but he probably won't. The fight I like best is Andrei Arlovski over Roy Nelson. Nelson is a tough opponent with good skills. He can't fight in the UFC because he's fat and looks bad without a shirt, so many people don't know him. Arlovski, however, is probably a top 5 heavyweight, and a big step up in level of competition for Nelson. This fight reminds a lot of the Arlovski/Rothwell fight from July: One of the best fighters from the lesser known orgs (Rothwell has beaten Nelson) stepping up to fight Arlovski. Rothwell was game but took a beating from Arlovski, and I see Nelson doing about the same. I managed to get Arlovski for better than -400 on TS today. I think at that price he's definitely worth it.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Administrator
Rookie

I rather enjoyed that. I think I would have enjoyed it had I lost my $800 on Arlovski. Seeing Kimbo stumble into a real opponent (thanks for hurting yourself Ken ) and get knocked out in 14 seconds was priceless.