Go Back   Sports Trading Chatter Forums > Trading and Gambling > Systems & Strategies

Systems & Strategies New system that is working well for you? Share it with all of us!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Administrator
Rookie

Default Arb calculator

Some people showed interest in an Excel sheet for enhanced arb calculation. I'm attaching a starter version. Let me know what you want it to do, and we can build it up. I figure we could make it so that it not only calculates, but also stores when you go through with it, and tracks all your balances.

Anyway, this version tells you how much to bet on one side given American odds you enter and a fixed amount on the other side. It has tools to play with your amounts quickly and to set bets that are in rounder numbers but not perfectly equalizing your profit.

I guess I have to zip it to allow for upload. Also: Allow macros. The sheet is protected so that formulas don't get changed accidentally, but you can unprotect it with no password.

Edit: Newest version as of 1/17/09. Guess no one's been trying it, because there was a glitch in the free play calculator. It's fixed now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip arbcalc.zip (9.7 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Jizay; 01-17-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:23 AM

duno how to use =.="" bro can add my msn godgash@live.com thanks ^^
Old 03-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Administrator
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Todd73NJ Send a message via MSN to Todd73NJ Send a message via Yahoo to Todd73NJ

Whats the question? We will be happy to help
Old 04-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Administrator
Rookie

Default updated for new Matchbook fee system

Attached is an updated Excel file for calculating an even money arb given Matchbook's new fee system. It can only handle the fees on one side, but I'm assuming there aren't many Matchbook to Matchbook arbs going on.

Same rules as before - the spreadsheet is zipped, it's protected but you could unprotect without a password, and if you want to use the feature that pumps up the bet amounts, allow macros.
Attached Files
File Type: zip arbcalc.zip (9.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Administrator
Legend

I also attempted to update the arb calculator on the arbs page. I hope it is right, but let me know if there are problems.

The dropdown below commission lets you pick commission on the minimum amount (the new Matchbook way), or commission on the winner (the old Matchbook way, but also the way some European sites do it, I think). The potential win/potential loss should include the commission paid.