Go Back   Sports Trading Chatter Forums > Sports > Tennis

Tennis This forum is set to serve up all the Tennis action

Old 08-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Administrator
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Todd73NJ Send a message via MSN to Todd73NJ Send a message via Yahoo to Todd73NJ
Default Kim Clijsters returns to the WTA tonight..

Great to see my favorite womens tennis player return.. Not that I would bet her tonight +160 vs Marion Bartoli - but I will certainly root for her. At 25 she can certainly make her way back to the top 10.

Hope she still has some of the Kimmy "Splits" in her.

Kim Clijsters confirms return to the WTA Tour

Itís official: Kim Clijsters will again play on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour. Her return from retirement is planned for the US hardcourt season.

The former world No.1 has asked for Cincinnati, Toronto and US Open wildcards. According to the plans, the tennis player who retired in May 2007 will make her comeback on August 10, at the Cincinnati Open.

"When I started preparing for the Wimbledon game with Steffi Graf I felt this drive. I wanted a new challenge. This is just for fun for now to see if I can do it," said the 25-year-old Clijsters, the winner of 34 singles titles.

"I don't need to be number one again. I have done that and I don't need to do it again. I am just going to see how things evolve."

After retiring from tennis, Clijsters married basketball player Brian Lynch and gave birth to daughter Jada. (source: Reuters, photo: Stephane Martinache)