Go Back   Sports Trading Chatter Forums > Trading and Gambling > General Betting

General Betting Have a great straight wager, or a chance at a free money arb? Talk about it here!

Old 01-06-2009, 05:54 AM

Default Help with ARBS please

A newbie here.

Firstly I would like to thank Todd for replying to my email regarding
this website..

I am from Australia and I haven't used the ARBS or betting for that matter before..

I had a look at the "under 4%" arbs and I was trying to work out with the calculator on the bottom of the page, the ARB for

Florida at Oklahoma 1/8/2009 8:00 PM
Florida (-165) at CreditWagering.com
Oklahoma (167) at Matchbook

Now, when I entered the information into the calculator it showed me that
for a $100 wager for Florida the potential win would be $60.61 and net win would be -$39.39...

For Oklahoma,the same $100 wager the pontential win would be $167 and net win $67...

I don't know what I have done wrong here?

I was told by someone that ARBS over 5% are dangerous?? that I should stick with either under 1.85-2.50 or over..whatever that means..

Also, Have you guys had any problems with bookies having different rules in the event of a game cancelation? ie-one bookie refunds the bet whilst the other bookie determines the outcome and either pays or keeps the bet..

Many thanks in advance and have a good one!

Aristopwr...
Old 01-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to the canuck

you have done nothing wrong with you figures

what you have to do is manipulate your wagering amounts until you get a positive result on both sides of the bet

so in you example bet $100 on florida but change amount on oklahoma to say $60
now the net win is positive

however with matchbook because of the net winning commission charged you should add this into you calculation as well (in the commission box of calc) ie 1.5% for bowl games 2% otherwise
0.015 and 0.02 respectively..mb has been charging only 1% for baseball the last 2 years so hopefully that will continue

so with you original example and because of mb commission charges this arb wont work

arbs way above 5% can be dangerous because one of the site may have entered a bad line and might cancel it before game time leaving you on the line for you other side of the bet

but if the site with the way out line is matchbook dont fear as its an exchange and it is the real price someone has requested.

level 2 and level 3 arbs are where the money is at...it truely is a safe way to make free money

good luck and i hope the explination makes sence

if you really want some realtime help come to the chat pit im sure members will be willing to talk you through things
Old 08-22-2009, 12:25 AM

I'm following everything but "bowl game". There's only one superbowl per year. What kind of game do you mean? NFL? NBA?